5/30/2013

PP 261


Dear Prayer Partners,
    A new prayer request. Jan and I have been watching this couple in visiting and speaking to them only so little because cross visiting is not allowed here. But we saw this really nice looking couple. I met him later, his name is Charlie Lindauer. The names are Charlie Lindauer, His wife Kelly and little girl Olive.
I would guess Charlie to be about 37 years old. Kelly about the same and Olive is three, very well behaved and very sweet and unspoiled little girl. They conducted themselves in such a way we thought they may be Christians. I think we have seen them in visiting about four times. I met Charlie here on the fourth floor, and had short conversations with him but never much time to talk in depth. Today I was walking the track. He saw me coming and stopped and waited for me. We did a bunch of laps together, so after a few laps, we were talking about our families and I asked, "Are you Christians?" Charlie said, "No-----yes." He said my wife just started going to church, and he wanted to but he needed information. He asked me about the Bible studies here and the church. I said, "Charlie, if you're really interested, you can go to church and Bible study, but you really need to learn how you can learn on your own from God's word because iI have been to these studies and church, and there is a lot of confusion there." He asked about Catholic, Christian and what's the difference.
I said, "Most Catholics refer to themselves as Catholic and not Christian, although some of them are. Many Christians call themselves Christians and say they are because they believe. The thing is, that even Satan believes in God and he believes in Jesus. Now, Christians believe that God has told us in the Bible everything he  wants us to know about him, and he wants us to not only know about him, but know him. Most people think we can't know him, but we can." He asked a few more questions, and I told him I would like to get him a study Bible. I said, "I need to show you how to use it, because I am leaving, and Charlie, the only way for you to know for sure is for you to see it in the Bible for yourself".
So, I have passed his name on to a prayer partner and he is sending a good Study Bible for Charlie. This is so good. Jan and I wanted to think they were Christians. I don't think they are at this point, I don't think they understand sin and salvation,. Most people don't. That is what we will go over when his Bible comes.
Today Steve Bergeson, a friend from Iowa, came to visit me. He met Elijah last night. Today when he left, I just went out for a walk. God had Charlie waiting for me. Isn't God good! This is so totally his spirit moving. I am doing nothing.
I only wanted to pass along to you in the last email how my gospel presentation goes. I hope it doesn't come across that I think my presentation is what is doing it. That is the presentation thing based on what I think. I do think that God is allowing me amazing opportunities, and I do work hard at doing it the best I can. I love that God is so sovereign. I don't  think any of the people would go to Hell if I wasn't here, because he is calling them, he is choosing them, he just gives me the privilege of ministering  to them the best I can. It is not the perfection, or completeness of what I say. I just want to encourage as many as I can to be ready for when the time comes  that the Lord puts someone in your path whom he is calling, that you feel ready. I will continue to work at improving all I can but praying the Lord will give me more.
So please pray for:
Enoch (new Christian) and wife Mary (willing to become a Christian)
Charlie and Kelly Lindauer, and  little Olive.  Pray for their salvation and that God will turn their interest into solid believing born again faith.
Thank you so much,

Bob
Also, did I tell you my papers left the Warden's's desk about two weeks ago and should be either in Washington to Minneapolis right now?  PTL

No comments:

Post a Comment